Spicy Crab Frittata – by Jane Devonshire
You will need a non stick frying pan approx. 30cm x 5cm
300g mixed crab meat
3 tablespoon chilli oil or olive oil
300g cooked new potatoes, cut into bit size chunks
One medium onion chopped
1 red chilli chopped (if you like spicy please add more or use a birds eye chilli)
15gm coriander chopped
15gm basil chopped
8 large eggs
1 tablespoon fish sauce
Nob of butter about 25g
1. Add the oil, potatoes, onion and chilli to a frying pan, fry until the onion is cooked through and the potatoes just starting to brown
2. In a big bowl put the eggs, milk, fish sauce, chopped herbs stir until all combined
3. Add the butter to the frying pan and allow to melt and start to bubble
4. Add the egg mixture and all of the crab and using a spatula start stirring making sure to bring in the mixture from around the edges
5. Keep stirring until mixture really starts to thicken then flatten out on the top, cover with a lid, or large plate. If not, turn heat down low and wait until the top of the Frittata has set. If you have a grill place under a hot grill for a few minutes.
6. Check the sides of the Frittata if it comes away easily and you can begin to see a golden colour and very little juice remove from the heat and turn out onto a large plate, I use a pizza plate.
7. Serve immediately with a large salad.
Some of mine like to sprinkle extra chopped chilli over the top but that is up to you.